Creating magical moments for your listeners flows naturally from recognizing and fully understanding meaningful emotional experiences in your life. Here's a process for doing just that:
- Pay close attention to your feelings 24/7. Noticeable emotional reactions or changes in what you're feeling. Make note of what you're seeing, doing or what's happening to you when these reactions or changes occur. Something that makes you feel joy or sadness, anger or fear, interest or surprise, disgust or shame, or any other conspicuous emotion. Describe what you're feeling and exactly what caused your feeling. This is the essential raw material you need to constantly create magical moments on the radio.
- Explore what effect your feelings have on you and why you might want to share your experience with your listeners.
- Did your feelings and the experience that triggered them change how you think and feel about someone or something?
- Did you learn something new?
- Did your experience change you in some other way?
- For sharing the story of an experience with a song: "When I feel frustrated, disappointed, or even depressed, this song always gives me a reality check and makes me feel better."
- For sharing the story of an experience reading a book: "Here's how I learned that most of us, including me, have a gap between who we are and who we think we are and how that gap affects us and those around us.